Amber at A Morose Bookshelf has tagged me for the Liebster Blog Award. Says Amber, "You're tagged if you have under 200 followers and do a good job blogging. Those who are tagged then share 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions posted by the person that tagged them, and then create their own set of 11 questions for others to answer." Well, thanks, Amber! I'll do my best.
Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I live on the Gulf coast of Texas.
2. The only thing I enjoy cooking is soup.
3. I think Puget Sound is the most beautiful place in America.
4. I dislike driving.
5. I love walking.
6. In my teens, I was addicted to Agatha Christie. I read every one of her books multiple times and can virtually recite them now.
7. My current favorite poet is Anna Akhmatova.
8. I have never waterskied.
9. I try to eat, cook, and grow food as organically as possible.
10. My favorite city to visit is London.
11. I love tofu.
1. You're going to be stranded on an island. You can only bring three books. Which three? They should be long, and they should be books I haven't read yet. Middlemarch, Anna Karenina, and Les Miserables.
2. One book you wish you had written. Why Houston Needs Bike Lanes and a Decent Public Transportation System.
3. Do you speak more than one language? Am I fluent in more than one language? Sadly, no. I'm working on getting fluent in German, but that may or may not ever happen. And I speak a little Urdu (my husband's language) but I'm nowhere near fluent.
4. Which one is the better actor: Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg? Damon is good, but I haven't seen enough of Wahlberg to say whether he's better. I did like him in Three Kings, though.
5. What are you listening to? Bollywood songs mostly these days.
6. What is the worst book you've ever read? That's tough to answer because I don't get very far into a book if I think it's really bad. The Crying of Lot 49 by Thomas Pynchon comes to mind--I read the whole thing because I had to; it was assigned in high school.
7. Do you have a doppelganger? I don't have a lookalike that I'm aware of, but I do have a distant cousin with the exact same name.
8. SVU or Criminal Intent? Don't watch either one.
9. Three authors that "get" you or that you really love? Tolstoy. Ursula LeGuin. Irene Nemirovsky.
10. Do you have any other hobbies? Reading and walking are my favorite pastimes. That makes me sound really boring, I know, but there it is!
11. Are you okay with reviews containing spoilers? No!
Questions I'm Asking:
1. How do you feel about the reading you were assigned in school? Dislike? Appreciate?
2. Is there a book you have read so many times you almost have it memorized?
3. What's your favorite non-fiction genre?
4. Do you listen to many audiobooks? Why or why not?
5. What's your favorite movie based on a novel?
6. Do you talk books with anyone in real life? Who? Or is your blog your only avenue?
7. Is there any book you associate strongly with a particular place or time in your life?
8. Where and when do you do most of your reading?
9. What period in history have you read the most about (either fiction or non-fiction)?
10. What kind of poetry (if any) do you read?
11. What is the funniest book you've ever read?
I am passing the Liebster Blog Award on to the following bloggers, who may answer the above questions if they wish to participate:
Jean@Howling Frog Books
James@The Frugal Chariot
SmellinCoffee@This Week At the Library
Jo@Mixed Book Bag